Welcome to your curated newsletter, where we share the latest happenings in the Kubernetes ecosystem across vendor integrations, open source contributions, exciting announcements, blog content, events and more!
Greetings and hello from all of us here at KubeWeekly! If you’re searching for the latest happenings and news regarding the Kubernetes ecosystem, look no further than the following amalgamation of information!
Be sure to ping and/or follow us @kubeweekly to share any content you feel we should be including in the newsletter. After all, it should come as no surprise to know that we’re always looking out for new & exciting developments in the world of Kubernetes to share.
Additionally, register to receive updates on each weekly publishing of KubeWeekly here!
Asked a question on @kubernetesio slack. 5 min later a contributor reached out directly and spent 15 min explaining. What a community! 👏
— Alexander Brand (@AlexBrand) October 12, 2016
- Building Globally Distributed Services using Kubernetes Cluster Federation
- Reserving a Kubernetes node for specific pods
- Managing containerized ASP.NET Core apps with Kubernetes
- By Mete Atamel
- Cluster RBAC Policies
- Manage Lets Encrypt certificates for a Kubernetes cluster.
- By Luna Duclos
- Using Camel-cassandraql on a Kubernetes Cassandra cluster with Fabric8
- Run Kubernetes on a Mac with Kube Solo
- Some ressources to easily bring a Kubernetes cluster.
- How kubeadm Initializes Your Kubernetes Master
- By Ian Lewis
- Four creative ways to create an OpenShift/Kubernetes dev environment
— Ryan C Koch (@ryanckoch) October 12, 2016
Blogs / Articles
- What to Know About Kubernetes 1.4
- CoreOS acquires tiny startup Redspread, will add technology to Kubernetes and Tectonic
- By Jordan Novet
- Deploying & Scaling Kubernetes
- Ubuntu 16.10 ups cloud ante with Kubernetes, OpenStack
- WTF is a container?
- Prometheus Gets its Own Day at KubeCon, a Testament to its Rise in the Ecosystem
- By Kiran Oliver
- Notes on My First Month at Apprenda
- By Steven Wade
- Exploring Kubernetes as a Mesos Framework: Does it Make Sense?
- By Klaus Ma
- Multi master Kubernetes
- Using Kubernetes to reinvent the world’s largest educational company: Pearson Case Study
I got some spacers for my Kubernetes cluster so I can rack my minnow boards. Now just need to install it 😉 pic.twitter.com/GB0qqwwQhN
— Ian Lewis (@IanMLewis) October 15, 2016
- Local Java development with Kubernetes and fabric8.io
- By James Strachan; In this screen cast we’ll take a look at building a Spring Boot app/microservice, starting a Kubernetes cluster, and build/deploy/test/debug all from a Java developers point of view
- Kubernetes Community Meeting 20161013
- Demo on incubator project node-feature-discovery; SIG Cluster Lifecycle; Release 1.4.2 update; Release 1.5 alpha today and some new processes; 1.5 features scrub; Kubecon update
- By Sebastien Goasguen; *No sound*
- Scaling Jenkins with Docker: Swarm, Kubernetes or Mesos?
- By Carlos Sanchez; This talk covers these main container clusters, outlining the pros and cons of each, the current state of the art of the technologies and Jenkins support
- Kubernetes: enable developers of distributed systems to achieve both reliability and agility at scale
- By TAATJENE Thomas; The dynamic behind Kubernetes is exciting along an awesome community and powerful features that evolve at the holistic pace.
— Apigee (@Apigee) October 11, 2016
- Scale out, with Kubernetes (k8s)
- By Arkadiusz Borek; represented basics concepts from docker and kubernetes, each part ends with short example.
- 9 ways to consume kubernetes on open stack in 15 mins (k8s meetup)
- By Stacy Véronneau; a quick slide deck to help people consume OpenStack resources from Kubernetes. It covers elements running on a laptop to consuming a full production cloud.
- Kubernetes in Production
- By Manoj Mahalingam; Slides from his “Kubernetes in Production” Indix talk at DevDay
— Dan Romlein (@danielromlein) October 16, 2016
- Kubernetes & Open Source Containers: A New Era for DevOps
- October 18, Webinar
- Tobias Schwab @ eSailors – Continuous Delivery with k8s
- October 18, Hamburg
- Kubernetes Sevilla 2016; ETS de Ingeniería Informática
- October 18, Sevilla
- Autumn Kubernetes gathering
- October 19, London
- October Kubernetes Meetup with Buffer and Deis
- October 19, NYC
- Micro-datacenter with Raspberry Pi and Kubernetes
- October 20, Reston
- Roadshow Container Seminar
- October 21-22, Hamburg
- Kubernetes Training Day – Learn from the Experts
- October 26, Köln
- NYJavaSIG Cloud Workgroup – Hands-on with Kubernetes Upgrade Event
- October 26, NYC
- Kubernetes on Windows and More with Google, Apprenda, and Ticketmaster
- November 1, Hollywood
- The DynamicInfraDays container and dynamic infrastructure community
- November 3-4, NYC
- OpenShift Commons Gathering
- November 7, Seattle
- November 8-9, Seattle
- co-located with CloudNativeCon
- 2-Day-Workshop: From Zero to Hero with Microservices
- November 8-9, Webinar
- Managing Applications with Kubernetes
- November 9-10, Online
- Kubernetes Training, Cisco Systems
- December 1, Portland
- Kubernetes for Developers and DevOps Professionals
- December 5, Philadelphia
— Ross Kukulinski (@rosskukulinski) October 11, 2016
- The Go Programming Language (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series)
- by Alan A. A. Donovan, Brian W. Kernighan; the authoritative resource for any programmer who wants to learn Go. It shows how to write clear and idiomatic Go to solve real-world problems.
- Kubernetes Microservices with Docker
- This book on Kubernetes, the container cluster manager, discusses all aspects of using Kubernetes in today’s complex big data and enterprise applications, including Docker containers.