Brought to you by K8sPort.org
Welcome! KubeWeekly is where we gather and share the latest happenings in the Kubernetes ecosystem across vendor integrations, open source contributions, exciting announcements, blog content, events and more!
If you’re searching for the latest happenings and news regarding the Kubernetes ecosystem, look no further than the following amalgamation of information!
Be sure to ping and/or follow us @kubeweekly to share any content you feel we should be including in the newsletter. After all, it should come as no surprise to know that we’re always looking out for new & exciting developments in the world of Kubernetes to share.
Additionally, register to receive updates on each weekly publishing of KubeWeekly here!
— CNCF (@CloudNativeFdn) September 21, 2017
- Kernel tuning in Kubernetes
- By Bogdan Albei
- How to fully automate retrieving TLS certificates with Kubernetes
- By Vincent Ambo
- Configure CI/CD for dockerized apps using VSTS to kubernetes cluster in ACS
- By Mohit Goyal
- Kubebot: A Kubernetes Based Security Testing Slackbot
- By Pentestit
- Pods, Tokens, and a Little Glue: Integrating Kubernetes and Vault in Elastic Infrastructure
- Terraform Installer for Kubernetes on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- By Jon Reeve
- Application template that satisfies the Kubernetes requirements (Golang)
- Ghost Riding The Whip — A complete Kubernetes workflow without Docker, using CRI-O, Buildah & kpod
- By DougbTV
- Kubernetes Environment Management
- By Ben Somogyi
- kubecrt – convert Helm charts to Kubernetes resources
- By Jean Mertz
- Running Spigot servers in Kubernetes
- Go Serverless with Kubeless
- Deploying MicroProfile based Java Applications to Bluemix
- Experimenting with OpenShift and Azure Container Instances
- Accessing The Kubernetes API, sans The Proxy
- By Daisuke Maki
- kube2iam provides different AWS IAM roles for pods running on Kubernetes
- Using kubectl to jumpstart a YAML file
- By Joe Beda
- Global ingress in practice on Google Container Engine — Part 2: Demo
- An extremely efficient Kubernetes ingress controller with robust API management capabilities- Kanali
- By Frank Greco
- VORA 2.0 & Kubernetes Demystified
- Exposing External-Facing Services In Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Authentication in Rancher and RBAC
- Five minutes Kubernetes feel
- By Michael Hsu
— Matt Farina (@mattfarina) September 20, 2017
— Gabe Monroy (@gabrtv) September 24, 2017
Blogs / Articles
- Introducing the Resource Management Working Group
- By Jeremy Eder
- Kubernetes is Transforming Operations in the Enterprise
- Kubernetes gains momentum as big-name vendors flock to Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- By Ron Miller
- This Week in Numbers: Container Storage Preferences for Kubernetes
- What is Kubernetes?
- By Marksei
- Kubernetes 1.7 is loaded with cool new features
- By Twain Taylor
- Open Source is Missing Out on Microservices – Kubernetes is the Solution
- GitLab v10 Integrates with Kubernetes
- I ran Terraform in Kubernetes
- By Kris Nova
- Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes: Development Summary 2017.38
- Connecting Kubernetes and Docker
- How Kubernetes Helps to Enable DevOps
- Building on our experience with Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes
- By ttopnik
- What Does Oracle’s Embrace Of Kubernetes And The CNCF Mean For Cloud Developers?
With Kubernetes it's such a joy to change things: this is a whole commit for migration from static HTML to Node. No configs, no ops stuff pic.twitter.com/XeNu0yI3gr
— Artem Yarulin (@ArtemYarulin) September 20, 2017
- Google Cloud Next Amsterdam ’17- James Brook : “Where we are today with Containers and Kubernetes”
- In this session from James Brook you can learn about the state of where Google Cloud is with Containers and Kubernetes and how they can help software developers.
- Containerized ASP.NET Core Apps with Kubernetes
- In this talk, Mete Atamel take a look what Kubernetes is and how it can help you with deployment and running of containerised ASP.NET Core apps.
- Understanding Container Standards
- The presentation by Scott McCarty below explains the relevant daemons, data structures, kernel api calls and the standards that govern their interactions — at a practical level which is applicable to a programmer, architect or systems administrator.
- [Podcast] Digging into Kubernetes 1.8
- Rancher Kubernetes Training – September 2017
- In this session, they walk through deploying a Kubernetes cluster in just a few minutes with Rancher, then cover basic Kubernetes concepts with demonstrations.
- Kubernetes Talk August 2017
- Presentation at the GDG Twin Cities;
- Kubernetes on BOSH for the Enterprise
- By Merlin Glynn; an overview of KuBO and explains how operators can deploy and manage Kubernetes clusters on vSphere at scale with BOSH.
- Create a cognitive chatbot and deploy to Kubernetes on IBM Cloud
- Andrew Trice demonstrates how to set up and deploy your own instance of the Watson Banking Chatbot, a sample app that uses the Watson Conversation, Discovery, Natural Language Understanding, and Tone Analyzer services.
- How to build a truly global app in Kubernetes + Demo
- Recorded at the Google Cloud Platform Vancouver Meetup, by Anubhav Mishra
- OWASP Scanning with Kubernetes Ep 4
- In this video Ahmed Zeieshan speakx about the stuff he’s been recently learning with the SeCaaS – Security as a Service model and how he approaches Kubernetes to make sure security is at the forefront of it.
- Canonical Distribution of Kubernetes (Part 1)
- This is the recording (part 1) of our Online Meetup with the awesome Tim Van Steenburgh from Canonical.
- Role Based Access Control RBAC in Kubernetes
- Carson Anderson from Domo talks about using RBAC in Kubernetes. RBAC has been available in Kubernetes since version 1.6. learn why you might want to use RBAC and how to use it effectively. This talk includes how to enable RBAC, writing RBAC policies, and troubleshooting common problems using RBAC.
- Tutorial: Introduction to Stateful Applications on Kubernetes
- Episode 162 | Kubernetes with Microsoft’s Brendan Burns
- Scaling Docker Containers using Kubernetes and Azure Container Service
- The Azure Container Service offers simple deployments of Kubernetes, an open source container orchestration solution, designed to help manage running containers at scale. by Ben Hall
- Deploy OrientDB container on Bluemix Kubernetes
- editing kubernetes/service-catalog#1106 based on comments
- Kubernetes SIG Service Catalog 20170921
- – Cluster ID
- – API machinery rebase
- – kubectl plugin
- Kubernetes SIG Service Catalog 20170920
- – K8s names of service classes and plans
- – CLI experience
- – List of plans in service class?
- Kubernetes SIG Auth 20170920
- Meeting Notes/Agenda here
- Kubernetes 1.8 Release Burndown Meeting 9-20-2017
- Release notes here
- Kubernetes SIG Release Meeting 9-19-2017
- Special 1.8 edition
- Kubernetes SIG Apps 20170918
- Kubernetes SIG Contributor Experience 20170920
- Kubernetes SIG Big Data Meeting (September 20 2017)
- Kubernetes SIG Network 20170921
— Paul Morie (@cheddarmint) September 21, 2017
- Four Times Microservices: REST, Kubernetes, UI Integration, Aync
- By Eberhard Wolff; How you can build microservices:
– REST with the Netflix stack (Eureka for Service Discovery, Ribbon for Load Balancing, Hystrix for Resilience, Zuul for Routing)
– REST with Consul for Services Discovery
– REST with Kubernetes
– UI integration with ESI (Edge Side Includes)
– Async with Apache Kafka
– Async with HTTP + Atom
- By Eberhard Wolff; How you can build microservices:
- Using Deep Learning Toolkits with Kubernetes clusters
- By Joy Qiao; Slides for the talk at the O’Reilly AI Conference San Francisco 2017
- Real-world Kubernetes for DevOps
- DevOps Days Boston 2017 presentation by Phil Lombardi; In this presentation, we’ll cover the nuances of deploying containerized applications on Kubernetes, including creating a Kubernetes manifest, debugging and logging, and how to build an automated continuous deployment pipeline.
- Kubernetes project update and how to contribute
- 講師: 白凱仁
9/21 Kubernetes 開源容器技術論壇; by Kyle Bai
- 講師: 白凱仁
- Four Times Microservices – REST, Kubernetes, UI Integration, Async
- How you can build microservices: by Eberhard Wolff
- A Million ways of Deploying a Kubernetes Cluster
- In this short talk, Jimmy Lu will introduce you some popular ways of Kubernetes deployment and briefly talk about pros and cons of each solution.
- Enterprise Kubernetes from Canonical
- This presentation by Dustin Kirkland was a live webinar presented by Canonical describing the enterprise capabilities of Kubernetes on Ubuntu and discussing several commercial support and consulting packages.
- Top Considerations For Operating a Kubernetes Environment at Scale
- Keitaro (Marko Bocevski) and SignalFx (Patrick Lin) deep dive into the details of operating Kubernetes at scale. Hear about Keitaro’s experience in leveraging Kubernetes to increase scalabilities and accelerate deployment cycles and gaining comprehensive visibility in these environments with SignalFx.
— John Arundel (@bitfield) September 22, 2017
- CKA Office Hours Weekly
- September 25, Berlin
- “Kubernetes and NGINX?? Damn!” – Meetup (September)
- September 26, Amsterdam
- State of Container Storage Persistence for Mesos, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm
- September 26, Miami
- Google Cloud Boston User Group September Meetup, Hosted by mabl
- September 26, Cambridge
- GOOGLE NEW YORK CITY: Free Kubernetes Hands on Training
- September 26, NYC
- cri-o and kubernetes lessons to be learned
- September 26, Prague
- 2nd Annual Sysdig
- September 26-27, San Francisco
- Kubernetes 1.7 & Kubernetes Federation Services Deep Dive
- September 27, Herzeliyya
- Hashi, Containers and Kubernetes
- September 27, Tampa
- Kubernetes – Serverless and GitOps
- September 27, San Francisco
- Extracting Microservices with Kubernetes
- September 28, Kirkland
- New Date! State of Container Storage Persistence Mesos, Kubernetes, and Docker
- September 28, Miami
- Extracting Microservices with Kubernetes
- September 28, Seattle
- Working with Kubernetes and Version Control Using GitHub – DigitalOcean Meetup#3
- September 30, Manila
- First Kubernetes & CNCF meetup in Finland — Kubernetes v1.8 celebration party
- October 4, Helsinki
- Exploring Kubernetes: Fireside Chat with Michelle Noorali
- October 5, NYC
- October Kubernetes Meetup Anniversary!
- October 5, Las Vegas
- October 4-6, Pocono Manor
- Kubernetes Bangalore Meetup October 2017
- October 7, Bangalore
- Jessie Frazelle on SCONE: Secure Linux Containers with Intel SGX & a PWLMini
- October 9, NYC
- k8sOM#12: Kubernetes network policy for microservices – Sal from Tigera
- October 10, San Francisco
- Workshop on Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Weave Cloud
- October 11, Mountain View
- Openhack Amsterdam
- October 9-11, Amsterdam
- Cloud Native Apps from Development to Production
- October 12, Webinar
- Kubernetes from the beginning to Rock! with CoreOS & Cognitio
- October 12, Torino
- Kubernetes, DC/OS and more
- October 12, Mountain View
- 1-Day Kubernetes-Introduction & Hands-on Workshop
- October 17, Addison
- DevOps Days
- October 23-24, Edinburgh
- October NYCK8S
- October 25, NYC
- CloudNativeCon / KubeCon 2017 North America
- December 6-8, Austin
— Kubernauts (@kubernauts) September 22, 2017
- Container and Kubernetes Solutions Architect
- Apprenda; Location: NY, London, Rotterdam, Munich; Full-time
- Principal Software Engineer – Envoy/OSS
- Datawire; Boston, San Francisco, New Hampshire, Remote · Full Time
- Golang / Go Job: Back-end engineer with a devops focus (Golang, Kubernetes, microservices)
- Housing Anywhere; Rotterdam (relocation compensation available), Full time
- Automation Engineer – Kubernetes
- SUSE; Location: Nuremberg, Germany or Prague, Czech Republic; Full-time
- DevOps Engineer – Kubernetes Docker Hashicorp – L
- Hashicorp, London; £550 – £650 a day
- Platform Engineer – Linux, OpenStack, Kubernetes
- Location: Hatfield, UK; full-time
- Solutions Engineer
- Heptio; Seattle or remote; full-time
- Golang / Go Job: Devops engineer (Go, Kubernetes, microservices)
- Housing Anywhere; Rotterdam (remote NOT possible, relocation compensation available) Full-time
- Senior Software Engineer – Backend
- Close.io | United States | All Time Zones; fully remote, full time
- Site Reliability Engineer (ID Analytics)
- Symantec; San Diego; Full-time
- DevOps Engineer (Docker Swarm or Kubernetes Essential)
- Software house based in the heart of Central London; Salary- £65,000 – £75,000, Full-time
- Staff Engineer Kubernetes / Compute Orchestration
- zealtech inc; San Jose, part-time
- Python Developer – Build a Global Estate and Learn Kubernetes
- Well Respected Tech House; London, Full time- £50,000 – £65,000
- Principal Software Engineer – Envoy/OSS
- Datawire; Boston, San Francisco, New Hampshire, Remote · Full time
- DevOps Engineer
- Skimlinks; London (Relocation offered)
- Sr Software Engineer; Data Engineer; Engineering Manager
- NY Times; NYC
- Dev Ops Engineer
- IBM; No Travel Require; Full time
- Software Engineer – Java, DevOps, Kubernetes
- Tenable; Los Angeles, Full time
- Cloud Solution Engineer
- Dito; remote
- Kubernetes Solutions Engineer (m/f)
- Giant Swarm GmbH; Cologne, Full time
- Lead DevOps Engineer (/ / AWS/ / Kubernetes/ / Artifactory/ / Terraform
- Global Fintech Ops Team; London, Full time
- DevOps Engineer (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker Chef, Puppet)
- Lucratice Start Up; UKP 60000 per year, London; Full time
- Head of devops & cloud operations (Linux) – AWS/Kubernetes
Head of IT operations position; £90,000 – £110,000/annum, London
Wonder what's on the horizon for the @kubernetesio ecosystem?
The Kubernetes Incubator is a slice of the future:https://t.co/FAH6BYl8FZ
— Vic Iglesias (@vicnastea) September 20, 2017
- Cloud Native Infrastructure
- This book by Kris Nova and Justin Garrison will teach you when you should architect your systems to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud. It will give examples of pitfalls to avoid and show you the patterns to embrace to be successful. Running cloud native infrastructure requires different skills and has many benefits over traditional data centers.
- Free eBook: Deploying and Scaling Kubernetes with Rancher
- Kubernetes Patterns
- Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications
- By Lee Atchison; provides basic techniques for building applications that can handle huge quantities of traffic, data, and demand without affecting the quality your customers expect.
- Kubernetes: Up and Running
- Authors Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns, and Joe Beda—who’ve worked on Kubernetes at Google—explain how this system fits into the lifecycle of a distributed application. You will learn how to use tools and APIs to automate scalable distributed systems, whether it is for online services, machine-learning applications, or a cluster of Raspberry Pi computers.
- Kubernetes Definitive Guide: Keys from Docker to Kubernetes Practice (2nd Edition) – Kubernetes权威指南
- Kubernetes Microservices with Docker
- By Vohra; This book on Kubernetes, the container cluster manager, discusses all aspects of using Kubernetes in today’s complex big data and enterprise applications, including Docker containers.
- Deploying Rails with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS
- By Pablo Acuña; shows you how to set up the project, push it to DockerHub, manage services and set up an efficient continuous integration environment.
- Everything Kubernetes; The ultimate guide to deploying, managing and scaling Kubernetes
- Kubernetes provides a complete set of building blocks that allow the automation of many operations for managing development, test, and production environments. This simple yet comprehensive guide offers you and your team everything you need to know on deploying, managing and scaling Kubernetes. It’s great for those experimenting with Kubernetes for the first time but also for Kubernetes rockstars.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms
- By Vohra; The atomic unit of modular container service in Kubernetes is a Pod, which is a group of containers with a common filesystem and networking. The Kubernetes Pod abstraction enables design patterns for containerized applications similar to object-oriented design patterns. Containers provide some of the same benefits as software objects such as modularity or packaging, abstraction, and reuse
- Technical Guide to Creating and Accessing a Kubernetes Cluster on OpenStack
- As Kubernetes gains popularity, many people are asking: “How can Kubernetes and OpenStack be used together?” In this eBook, get a technical walkthrough on how to deploy Kubernetes on OpenStack and start running containerized apps on your Kubernetes cluster.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms 1st ed. Edition
- Take container cluster management to the next level; learn how to administer and configure Kubernetes on CoreOS; and apply suitable management design patterns such as Configmaps, Autoscaling, elastic resource usage, and high availability. Some of the other features discussed are logging, scheduling, rolling updates, volumes, service types, and multiple cloud provider zones.
- Mastering CoreOS
- By Sreenivas Makam; This book covers the CoreOS internals and the technologies used in the deployment of container-based distributed applications. It starts with an overview of CoreOS and distributed application development while sharing knowledge on related technologies. Critical CoreOS services and networking and storage considerations for CoreOS are covered next.
- DevOps with OpenShift
- For many organizations, a big part of DevOps’ appeal is software automation using infrastructure-as-code techniques. This book presents developers, architects, and infra-ops engineers with a more practical option.
- The Kubernetes Book
- By Nigel Poulton; Containers are here and resistance is futile! Now that people are getting their heads around Docker, they need an orchestration platform to help them manage their containerized apps. Kubernetes has emerged as one of the hottest and most important container orchestration platforms in the world. This book gets you up to speed fast!
- Kubernetes for Java Developers
- Author Arun Gupta—Principal Open Source Technologist at Amazon Web Services—demonstrates how Kubernetes orchestration simplifies the plumbing needed to get containers up and running at all times. Although the examples in this report use Java, the concepts are applicable for anybody interested in getting started with Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes Cookbook: Building Cloud Native Applications
- Introduction to Kubernetes Using Docker
- Docker is a transcendent tool for those who transfer, install, and manage software applications on a regular basis. The advent of Kubernetes, however, has somehow made containerizing and automating applications even easier. In this course designed for students of all skill levels, you’ll learn Docker, the world’s leading software containerization platform, and become a master of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications using Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes Cookbook
- Learn how to automate and manage your Linux containers and improve the overall performance of your system
— Paul Morie (@cheddarmint) September 21, 2017