Welcome to your curated newsletter, where we share the latest happenings in the Kubernetes ecosystem across vendor integrations, open source contributions, exciting announcements, blog content, events and more!
Greetings and hello from all of us here at KubeWeekly! If you’re searching for the latest happenings and news regarding the Kubernetes ecosystem, look no further than the following amalgamation of information!
Be sure to ping and/or follow us @kubeweekly to share any content you feel we should be including in the newsletter. After all, it should come as no surprise to know that we’re always looking out for new & exciting developments in the world of Kubernetes to share.
Additionally, register to receive updates on each weekly publishing of KubeWeekly here!
May holiday cheer
And scale this New Year.
Thank you to our wonderful community, see you in 2017! 🚀
— Kubernetes (@kubernetesio) December 31, 2016
- Launching a local Kubernetes lab using Minikube
- Kubernetes of zero
- Deploying Docker Apps to Kubernetes with Codeship
- Kubernetes – Understanding Resources
- By Ben Visser
- Clustered RabbitMQ on Kubernetes
- Microservices Are a Commodity
— CoreOS, Inc. (@coreos) December 28, 2016
Blogs / Articles
- KUBERNETES A YEAR IN REVIEW
- By LiveWyer
- Kubernetes: A True Cloud Platform
- By Ian Murphy
- Introducing Trident: A Dynamic Persistent Volume Provisioner for Kubernetes
- eBay builds its own tool to integrate Kubernetes and OpenStack
- Kubernetes and Docker Mini-Boot Camp Q&A
- 2016 in the rearview mirror
- 2016: A YEAR OF BEING A MEMBER IN AN OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY!
- Elevating Builds Into a Container
- By Wes Higbee
- Kubernetes gets support for Windows Server 2016
- Kubernetes Can Be Used to Orchestrate Data Center Infrastructure
- Minhashing all the things (part 1): microbial genomes
- By Luiz Irber
- CNCF Preps Kubernetes Program for MSPs
- By Mike Vizard
— Sergio Sisternes (@sesispla) December 27, 2016
- Cloud Native Con / KubeCon 2016
- Full list of all presentations and talks from Seattle, 2016
- DevOps Day 2016
- Full list of all presentations and talks from Devops Day, 2016
- The New Stack Analysts 2016 Wrap-Up: Docker, OpenStack and Open Source
- By Kiran Oliver; TNS staffers reflecting back over 2016 in scalable technology. Research Analyst Lawrence Hecht, veteran journalist Scott Fulton, Technical Editor Benjamin Ball, Managing Editor Joab Jackson, and founder Alex Williams discussed three of the biggest topics during the past year: The Docker fork, the future of OpenStack (and Kubernetes), and the effect of open source on the enterprise.
- Google Cloud Platform Podcast: A Year in Review
- Kubernetes as a Managed Service
- By Platform9; Kubernetes promises an order of magnitude increase in operability of modern software systems.
- Kubernetes self-healing: HA for services and control plane
- By Łukasz Sztachański
- Introduction and Kubernetes architecture overview
- Kubernetes objects (pods, replication controllers, services) and application HA
- Kubernetes control plane HA problem and proposed solution with HAproxy
- Introduction to federation (cluster of clusters)
- By Łukasz Sztachański
- Virtualization, Containers, Docker and scalable container management services
- In this presentation, LimeTray’s abhishek chawla takes you through the concept of virtualization which includes the different types of virtualizations, understanding the Docker as a software containerization platform like Docker’s Architecture, Building and running custom images in Docker containers, Scalable container management services which include overview of Amazon ECS & kubernetes and how at LimeTray they harnessed the power of kubernetes for scalable automated deployment of our microservices.
— Marc Boorshtein (@mlbiam) December 28, 2016
- January Go Israel Meetup: Building a Bank using Go and Kubernetes
- January 4, Tel Aviv-Yafo
- January Kubernetes Happy Hour
- January 5, Las Vegas
- Learn about Kubernetes 1.5 Highlights
- January 5, Nashville
- Apache Mesos & CNCF meetup Part 2
- January 7, Bangalore
- Self-hosted, Scale, and Federation with Kubernetes v1.4 and Beyond
- January 7, Hyderabad
- Intermediate Kubernetes: What are Customers Doing With Kubernetes?
- January 10, Mountain View
- Running containers on AWS and Google Cloud
- January 10, Hamburg
- A brave new year with Kubernetes
- January 10, Amsterdam
- DevOps & Docker & Cloud Computing Meetup #2
- January 18, Hannover
- Building dynamic and resilient clusters with Kubernetes and Hazelcast
- January 18, Princeton
- Containing Chaos with Kubernetes
- January 19, Webinar
- Cloud Native/ Kubernetes 101 Roadshow
- January 25, Seattle
- January 28, London
- Kubernetes containers – Presenter – Walter Bentley of Rackspace
- February 1, Richardson
- Charlotte Kubernetes Meetup
- February 1, Charlotte
- KubeCon / Cloud Native Con EU
- March 29-30, Berlin
- Kubernetes Hands-On, OSCON
- May 8-11, Austin
- Cluster EU
- May 15, Paris
- Container Camp AU
- May 2017, Austrailia
YKTTW you come into work on your day off because you're gonna do #Kubernetes stuff anyway, and that's where all your monitors are.
— Michael Goodness (@opsgoodness) December 27, 2016
- Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure
- By Kelsey Hightower; This practical book will prepare you to take advantage of everything the Kubernetes platform has to offer.
- Kubernetes Microservices with Docker
- By Vohra; This book on Kubernetes, the container cluster manager, discusses all aspects of using Kubernetes in today’s complex big data and enterprise applications, including Docker containers.
- Deploying Rails with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS
- By Pablo Acuña; shows you how to set up the project, push it to DockerHub, manage services and set up an efficient continuous integration environment.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms
- By Vohra; The atomic unit of modular container service in Kubernetes is a Pod, which is a group of containers with a common filesystem and networking. The Kubernetes Pod abstraction enables design patterns for containerized applications similar to object-oriented design patterns. Containers provide some of the same benefits as software objects such as modularity or packaging, abstraction, and reuse
- Technical Guide to Creating and Accessing a Kubernetes Cluster on OpenStack
- As Kubernetes gains popularity, many people are asking: “How can Kubernetes and OpenStack be used together?” In this eBook, get a technical walkthrough on how to deploy Kubernetes on OpenStack and start running containerized apps on your Kubernetes cluster.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms 1st ed. Edition
- Take container cluster management to the next level; learn how to administer and configure Kubernetes on CoreOS; and apply suitable management design patterns such as Configmaps, Autoscaling, elastic resource usage, and high availability. Some of the other features discussed are logging, scheduling, rolling updates, volumes, service types, and multiple cloud provider zones.
- KUBERNETES NO SHOW SOCK
- The most comfortable sock on earth! The K8 no show sock is the ultimate fashion accessory and the most comfortable one you will ever wear. One size fits most.