Welcome to your curated newsletter, where we share the latest happenings in the Kubernetes ecosystem across vendor integrations, open source contributions, exciting announcements, blog content, events and more!
Greetings and hello from all of us here at KubeWeekly! If you’re searching for the latest happenings and news regarding the Kubernetes ecosystem, look no further than the following amalgamation of information!
Be sure to ping and/or follow us @kubeweekly to share any content you feel we should be including in the newsletter. After all, it should come as no surprise to know that we’re always looking out for new & exciting developments in the world of Kubernetes to share.
Additionally, register to receive updates on each weekly publishing of KubeWeekly here!
— BenzairReda (@BenzairReda) February 12, 2017
- Kubernetes Quick Tip: Whitelisting source IP with Ingress in Kubertenes
- Continuous Deployment with Google Container Engine and Kubernetes
- By Adam Hawkins
- Reproducible Data Science – Analysis of Experimental Data with Pachyderm and Azure
- By Jason Poon
- Learning Kubernetes: Getting Started with Minikube
- By Sneha Inguva
- Kubernetes nginx-ingress-controller
- Local Kubernetes Development with Minikube
- Achieving CI/CD with Kubernetes
- By Ramit Surana
- Setting up an HA Kubernetes Cluster in AWS with private topology with kops 1.5.0
- By Kris Nova
- Building scalable micro-services with Kubernetes, GRPC & Linkerd
- By Rik Nauta
- Troubleshooting Docker and Kubernetes
- Microscaling MicroBadger
- A collection of community-provided Kubernetes/Helm charts, for the deployment and continued development lifecycle of containerized Openstack services on Kubernetes.
- CI/CD new features: Kubernetes, JaCoCo, and more
- By Abhijit Kini
- manages elasticsearch clusters
- By Steve Sloka
- Run Deep Learning with PaddlePaddle on Kubernetes
- Kubernetes KOPS 1.5.1
- BareMetal Kubernetes Cumulus Quagga Integration
- By Linuxsimba
Blogs / Articles
- What does Kubernetes actually do and why use it?
- By Kyle Pennell
- Locking Down Docker to Open Up Enterprise Adoption
- Inside JD.com’s Shift to Kubernetes from OpenStack
- By JD.Com
- High Availability, Upgrades, and Teams — Enterprise Production Kubernetes
- Microscaling in Production Cuts our SQS Bill by 50%
- Part 1: DevOps, 12 factors and the next great thing…
- Kubernetes — the Destroyer of Worlds?
- Container orchestration: Moving from fleet to Kubernetes
- By Josh Wood
- Baidu’s deep learning framework adopts Kubernetes
- Troubleshooting Containers in Kubernetes With Weave Scope & Weave Cloud
- Monitoring Google Container Engine with CoScale
- 30 essential container technology tools and resources
- Kubernetes and Persistent Storage? NetApp is the First to Make It Easy
- HPE’s Mesosphere reseller agreement heats up container management market
- Secrets and LIE-abilities: The State of Modern Secret Management (2017)
— Steve Wade (@swade1987) February 11, 2017
- Kubernetes SIG Apps 20170206
- Kubernetes SIG Auth 20170208
- Digital Rebar one click OpenStack on Kubernetes (Hybrid)
- By Rob Hirschfeld; Shows TWO deployments of OpenStack on Kubernetes via Helm using open Digital Rebar + Kargo
- Elasticsearch Operator on Kubernetes
- By Steve Sloka; Deploy an Elasticsearch cluster and enable snapshots to AWS S3 utilizing Kubernetes. Define which zones to deploy the data nodes to and they will be spread evenly across those zones as well as providing data persistence.
- EMA Cloud Rants – Serverless Computing
- By Torsten Volk; Today, we are ranting on how serverless computing changes the game for customers and for traditional virtualization vendors who need to provide competitive solutions for these customers. Containers are part of the answers, but with serverless solutions such as Amazon Web Services Lambda or Microsoft Azure Functions, enterprise administrators no longer have to manage them.
- #60 Fission: GCP Podcast
- CoreOS and Intel Improve Data Center Management – CitC Episode 75
- 32 node Kubernetes cluster on a System76 Bonobo WS
- By Jorge Castro
- Bangalore Container Conference
- Bangalore Container Conference 2017 (BCC ’17) is the first conference on container technologies in India happening on 07th April. This one-day conference sets the perfect stage for container enthusiasts, developers, users and experts to meet together and learn from each others experiences.
- Lessons from Docker and Kubernetes – Pear Deck Tech Talk – Jan 2017
- This talk assumes no experience with Docker or Kubernetes. Riley Lark talks about lessons that are transferrable to all programming, from front-end dev to machine learning. Pear Deck has been using Docker more and more, starting in 2015, and last year firmly deciding to move all production services to Docker in Kubernetes. The talk was hosted in the upstairs Englert Theatre (Iowa City, IA) lounge.
- Kubernetes with Windows and Linux containers using OVS & OVN on Azure
- This video shows a full walkthrough of a Kubernetes on Linux and Windows deployment on Azure. Big thanks to the Cloudbase Solutions and Apprenda engineering teams along with everybody involved in the Kubernetes sig-windows community!
- Using Containers for Building and Testing: Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos. FOSDEM 2017
- The presentation by Carlos Sanchez will allow a better understanding of using Docker in the main Docker cluster/orchestration platforms out there (Docker Swarm, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes), sharing my experience and helping people decide which one to use, going through Jenkins examples and current support.
- Deploying and monitoring containers on Kubernetes
- By Neependra Khare; Containers are now matured and becoming the detault choice to deploy microservices. We can bring our application up, scale up & down in no time with container orchestrators like Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. In this workshop we’ll explore Kubernetes and look at how we can deploy & monitor a microservice using containers.
- DevOpsChat: Containers and Kubernetes
- A conversation with Dustin Kirkland about Containers and Kubernetes covering a range of topics including:
– Architectural styles such as microservices, twelve-factor and cloud-native
– The different types of containers and their application
– Orchestrating containers with Kubernetes
- A conversation with Dustin Kirkland about Containers and Kubernetes covering a range of topics including:
- Introducing the AdroitLogic Integration Platform
- A walk-through of the main screens of the AdroitLogic Integration Platform console, introducing the product and key concepts. The Integration Platform, based on Kubernetes and Docker, is able to deploy highly available integration services across a cluster, managed as a collection of lightweight containers.
TIL: Kubernetes kublet automatically does image garbage collection for you https://t.co/Olwsy4luhH
— Justin Garrison (@rothgar) February 8, 2017
- Kubernetes Panel Discussion Intro
- By Steinn Eldjárn Sigurðarson; A few slides used to set the stage for a panel discussion on Application-Oriented Infrastructure at a kubernetes meetup in Reykjavík on the 9th of February.
- Kubernetes introduction with a running example
- Testing kubernetes and_open_shift_at_scale_20170209
- Slides from 9 February, 2017 Triangle Kubernetes and OpenShift meetup
- Achieving Cost and Resource Efficiency through Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Part of a series of presentations on achieving cost and resource efficiency in our OpenStack and Cloud Deployments
- Tips on solving E_TOO_MANY_THINGS_TO_LEARN with Kubernetes
- By Ben Hall; Presented at Skills Matter, 8th February 2017. Discusses the Kubernetes community and tools such as Minikube, Kubeadm, Helm and Weave Flux.
- Serverless on Kubernetes
- By Sebastien Goasguen; A look at kubeless a serverless framework on top of kubernetes. We take a look at what serverless is and why it matters then introduce kubeless which leverages Kubernetes API resources to provide a Function as a Services solution.
- Kubernetes API – deep dive into the kube-apiserver
- By Stefan Schimanski; A short 15min deep dive into the handler chain of Kubernetes’ API server.
- Serverless Pune Meetup 1
- By Vishal Biyani; The presentation was made at the first Serverless Pune meetup on 4th Feb. In the first Meetup, we covered most of the basics & a simple demos. Upcoming meetups will dive deeper into technical implementation and various real world use cases
— (((TheSteve0))) (@TheSteve0) February 7, 2017
- KMUG #6 – Regular Meetup: Mesos, Kubernetes & Microservices
- February 13, Warsaw
- Kubernetes Meetup #4!
- February 13, Cambridge
- How lessons learned from air disaster analysis can help you in an emergency
- February 13, Philadelphia
- Kubernetes Logging, Monitoring and Tracing
- February 15, NYC
- Первый митап – Let’s Get The Party Started
- February 15, Moscow
- Talks about Kubernetes, Nats and Container Metadata
- February 16, Barcelona
- Kubernetes Meetup #4
- February 20, Boston
- Discovering Clusters with Minikube
- February 21, Hartford
- Installing a Kubernetes Cluster on Bare Metal with the Open Source Stacki Pallet
- February 22, NYC
- CI / CD immutable standards with Kubernetes
- February 23, München
- Philly Code Camp
- February 24-25, Philadelphia
- Kubernetes 1.6 & APIs and integrations in Kubernetes
- February 26, Pune
- Open Data Science Conference Masterclass Workshop Summit 2017 [Discount 20%]
- March 1, Burlingame
- Artificial Intelligence using Cloud native technologies
- March 1, Amsterdam
- Kubernetes Meetup
- March 1, Charlotte
- Kubernetes’ hottest topics: Serverless and Federation
- March 2, Zürich
- LOPUG Meetup
- March 2, London
- Building Efficient Microservices Solutions with Kubernetes
- March 2, Seattle
- Next `17 Extended
- March 10, Siberia
- KubeCon / Cloud Native Con EU
- March 29-30, Berlin
- India’s first Conference on Containers
- April 7, Bangalore
- Kubernetes Hands-On, OSCON
- May 8-11, Austin
- Cluster EU
- May 15, Paris
- Container Camp AU
- May 2017, Austrailia
— Sriram Subramanian (@sriramhere) February 8, 2017
- Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications
- By Lee Atchison; provides basic techniques for building applications that can handle huge quantities of traffic, data, and demand without affecting the quality your customers expect.
- Kubernetes Definitive Guide: Keys from Docker to Kubernetes Practice (2nd Edition) – Kubernetes权威指南
- Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure
- By Kelsey Hightower; This practical book will prepare you to take advantage of everything the Kubernetes platform has to offer.
- Kubernetes Microservices with Docker
- By Vohra; This book on Kubernetes, the container cluster manager, discusses all aspects of using Kubernetes in today’s complex big data and enterprise applications, including Docker containers.
- Deploying Rails with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS
- By Pablo Acuña; shows you how to set up the project, push it to DockerHub, manage services and set up an efficient continuous integration environment.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms
- By Vohra; The atomic unit of modular container service in Kubernetes is a Pod, which is a group of containers with a common filesystem and networking. The Kubernetes Pod abstraction enables design patterns for containerized applications similar to object-oriented design patterns. Containers provide some of the same benefits as software objects such as modularity or packaging, abstraction, and reuse
- Technical Guide to Creating and Accessing a Kubernetes Cluster on OpenStack
- As Kubernetes gains popularity, many people are asking: “How can Kubernetes and OpenStack be used together?” In this eBook, get a technical walkthrough on how to deploy Kubernetes on OpenStack and start running containerized apps on your Kubernetes cluster.
- Kubernetes Management Design Patterns: With Docker, CoreOS Linux, and Other Platforms 1st ed. Edition
- Take container cluster management to the next level; learn how to administer and configure Kubernetes on CoreOS; and apply suitable management design patterns such as Configmaps, Autoscaling, elastic resource usage, and high availability. Some of the other features discussed are logging, scheduling, rolling updates, volumes, service types, and multiple cloud provider zones.
- Mastering CoreOS
- By Sreenivas Makam; This book covers the CoreOS internals and the technologies used in the deployment of container-based distributed applications. It starts with an overview of CoreOS and distributed application development while sharing knowledge on related technologies. Critical CoreOS services and networking and storage considerations for CoreOS are covered next.
- Kubernetes SWAG Via CNCF
- The most comfortable clothes on earth!